- Iceberg lettuce torn1 medium
- Apples cut into small cubes2 medium
- Celery chopped2 teaspoons
- Crushed black peppercorns 1 teaspoon
- Cornflour/ corn starch for garnish
- Lemon zest 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Low-fat yogurt whisked1/2 cup
- Fresh basil leaves roughly chopped2 tablespoons
- Apple grated1/4 medium
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
1. To make the dressing, put yogurt, fresh basil, apple, salt, black pepper powder and lemon zest in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
2. Mix the lettuce, apple, celery and black peppercorns in another bowl and mix well.
3. Refrigerate for at least two hours. Just before serving, add the dressing and toss to mix.Top with cornflakes and serve.